- bring to a boil, 900 ml. of water on your stove top
- turn off the heat and add 1/2 cup of dry malt extract
- stir extract into solution
- turn the heat back on and boil solution for 15 minutes
- remove from heat, cover and cool to 70f. (I place the boil pot in a ice bath in the sink)
- add yeast
Some brewers will pitch the entire content of the starter but I usually decant the liquid off the top of the yeast leaving enough liquid to swirl the yeast into solution so that all of the yeast pours out easily.