When I racked the beer from my tiny fermentor I didn't take a gravity reading until I'd filled the bottles and capped them with a priming tablet and set aside. When I did check the gravity I found that the beer was way under-attenuated (50%) even though it showed no signs of activity. My excuse -
- this was a new project with unusual and unfamiliar procedures so I forgot the basics of checking the gravity to confirm that it was finished
- in my anxious attempt to document/film the next step in this project, my focus switched to preparing an interesting blog post rather than the need to pay attention to the basics of my fermentation procedures
- impatience is my inner demon, bent on destroying my brewing equanimity
- too many beers that day - and finally-
- the sun was in my eyes
In any case, I hope you enjoy the video as it was the one aspect that I claim to have some modest success.
In the mean time, the two other bottles of this beer that are carbonating into what I hope will be colossal bottle bombs and timed to go off with malicious contempt, are tied up in a strong plastic bag to hopefully prevent the mess inside from ejecting onto a perfectly good carpet.