Friday, March 14, 2014

Bottling Beer In Mexico

I can bottle 5 or 6 kegs (12 cases of beer or 288 bottles) in one session before my mind breaks from the tedius boredom. These are fully carbonated beers and so I can't fill too quickly without creating a foamy mess resulting in a flat beer. So it takes about an hour per keg to complete the job. Anyway, since misery loves company I'd thought I'd share a short video of me filling a corney keg worth of bottles.

The beer is carbonated to 2.5 volumes is chilled down to 35f., run through 12 feet of 3/16" tubing to a cobra tap with bottling wand attached with a cork on it. You can see a close up of that system here.


See all of my YouTube brewing videos here. You may not learn a lot but it's a good way to kill some time while the boss isn't around. Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Beer Diary...